“Virtual” Baby Shower for Newborns in Need
- This “virtual baby shower” is an in-kind charity event to support Newborns in Need which is a national, tax-deductible (501 c3 charity) organization that provides essentials to newborns in crisis.
- This local East TN chapter provides basic needs for newborns identified by the Neonatal Nursing staff at five hospitals including Sweetwater Hospital Association in Monroe County. Many of these babies are born to very young mothers who are victims of rape or who have been abandoned or abused by their families. Often these babies are born prematurely or are addicted to drugs and their mothers are unwed and unprepared to care for them. Newborns in Need steps in to provide the essentials to help give that unfortunate baby that extra support that is needed to start him/her on the road to a healthy life.
- This need is real and immediate.
- In 2019 almost 10,000 diapers were donated along with over 500 each of sleepers and onesies.
Items that are needed:
- Diapers—Size Preemie, Newborn or Size 1
- Sleepers—Preemie or Newborn
- Receiving Blankets
- Onesies—Sizes up to 3 months
- Toiletries (Ivory Soap, Baby lotions, baby wipes, etc.)
- Pacifiers / Bottles
- Bath Towels / Wash Cloths Socks / Booties
- Quilts / Blankets
- Flannel yardage that volunteers will make into receiving blankets.
Any and all donations will be accepted and appreciated!
Drop off at Connie Williams home at 181 White Swan Drive. A table will be set up outside where items may be safely dropped off.
- No Birthdays Today
- No Upcoming Birthdays